Here is a list of the top things I've learned.
10. It's not easy. There are good days and bad. Some days I feel like shouting from the mountaintops about how I love being sober and some days I feel grouchy and resentful about it.
9. Nothing good has magically happened since I became sober. I didn't lose 10 pounds (in fact I initially gained weight) and my marriage still has issues. I will need to work on these things to make them better.
8. I still don't "know" how to meditate exactly, but I love listening to Tara Brach as part of my bedtime routine.
7. I love blogging (this was a surprise). It's not just my own blog...but the interaction. I am grateful to my handful of followers (you) who comment on my blog. Also, I love to read words written by someone else and feel I could have written them myself.
6. I don't miss hangovers...enough said!
5. Other people don't drink as much as I thought they did. The only people who will be upset that I'm not drinking are the ones who's brains are wired similarly to mine.
4. It seems that people who drink too much share other personality characteristics as well.
3. I have never regretted NOT drinking the night before.
2. Sleep is huge. I love going to bed sober and I love sleeping through the night!
1. I can do this and YOU can too!
Here is a list of the top things that have been helpful.
- Sober is the New Black
- Mrs. D is Going Without
- Kick the Drink...Easily
- Drinking: A Love Story
- writing my own blog
- reading others blogs
- commenting on others blogs
- Yahoo group
- Facebook group
- The Bubble Hour
- Belle's audios
- Tara Brach
All of the above have connected me to others, which brings me to the most important thing that has helped me through my first 100 days.
Thank YOU for being on this journey with me. Looking forward to day 101 and beyond :)