Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dirty Dishes

I just started the dishwasher for what seems like the 100th time in the past 5 days.  It is simply amazing the amount of dishes two almost teenagers and a husband can create when they are home from work and school.  Tomorrow things will be back to normal for 3 weeks and then winter break will be here and we'll start again. 

In the past, any time there was a break from the normal routine of school and activities it was an excuse to drink more.  Any time the dishes were piled up high in the sink I couldn't help but think of how a glass of wine would make the task so much better (which is pretty ironic because in the long run I'd lose all motivation to do anything while drinking).   

I have proven to myself over the past 5 days that I CAN in fact do the dishes without wine.  I can play board games without wine.  I can survive a major holiday without wine.  I can tell my friends and family that I no longer drink.

December will be difficult but I do feel confident in my ability to remain sober.  I feel very determined as my sober momentum continues to grow slowly but surly. 

Looking forward to a sober December.  Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. 'i'm with you for sure. no going back for me, no siree. I would be so pissed off if I got pissed again lol
    hugs from nz
    lisa
    www.thecword-compassion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, I like what you did there. Thanks for coming back!

      Delete