Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Focus on the Mashed Potatoes

Thanksgiving is different this year. 

Not only am I going to be sober, but our usual plans have fallen apart. 

The holidays stress me out.  We have lots of family near us.  My parents (who are divorced), and also my in-laws.  I love having so many people around us who love us, but it always causes me stress on holidays because we cannot be in more than one place at a time.  As a people pleaser, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  We've tried different things over the years...visiting multiple places during the same day, trading off years at different places, celebrating with some people on a different day.

This year it looks as though we may be spending Thanksgiving at home and celebrating with some of my family on the Saturday after.  I've never cooked a turkey in my life...can you believe it?  This might just be the year.  I told my husband I'd be fine to order pizza but I really think he wants to give it a try.

I think I associate Thanksgiving more than any other holiday with wine.  It's the first thing I think of.  The second thing I think of is mashed potatoes (yum!).  This year I will look forward to and focus on the mashed potatoes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment